November 19, 2019 11:30 cst Board Meeting/ 12:00 cst General Meeting
Hollis DeHart Community Center, 628 Main Street Russell Springs, KY 42642
Lindsey W. Gosser, President Nick Shearer, Vice-president x Patti Lamb,
x Rhonda Redmon, ED x Rick Miles Stephen Branscum Don Byrom Kim Byrom Alan Coffey x Terry Ray Cochran Stephen Eastin x Joy Fletcher x Michael Ford Bennie Garland Vickie Glenn x Lisa Gosser x Daryl Hammond Ronald Hopper x Torsten Languuth Linda McFarland Gary Robertson x Eddie Thomas x Barbara Sharpe x Adam Stille Anita Tucker x Eric West x Randy Baird x
Board Members Present – Noted with an X
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER
The Russell County Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting was held Tuesday, November 19th at the Hollis DeHart Community Center, 628 Main Street, Russell Springs, KY. There were approximately 30 in attendance. Vice-President, Nick Shearer, Mayor of the City of Jamestown, welcomed everyone and thanked each one for coming and showing support of the Chamber of Commerce. He also recognized the ServPro of Marion, Adair and Russell Counties as being the sponsor for this month’s Chamber meeting, the City of Russell Springs for the Community Center and The Little Chop Shop for catering for the delicious lunch.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
Minutes from the October meeting were approved with a motion made by Alan Coffey, with SKRECC and seconded by Patti Lamb, with the Bank of Jamestown.
Treasurer, Patti Lamb, Bank of Jamestown, reviewed the financial reports from October 2019. She noted that the only discrepancy was in the amount of $808.51 for the Workers’ Comp and Liability insurance that was recently put in place as of October 2019 with Lindsey W. Gosser State Farm Insurance. Financials were accepted with a motion to accept by Barbara Sharpe, Business Professional Women and seconded by Joy Fletcher, CPA.
- Current Membership was reported at 167 with 12 ribbon cuttings to date.
- The Chamber SPOTLIGHT has had 18 businesses to participate.
- A separate checking account has been opened at First National Bank in anticipation of the upcoming Fishing Tournament in the Spring of 2020. No deposits have been made.
- Board members and officers for 2020 will be announced at the December meeting. It was noted that Torsten Langguth is no longer with Dr. Schneider Automotive. It was suggested by Vice-President Nick Shearer that Steve Best, the Human Resource representative for Dr. Schneider be asked to fill Mr. Langguth’s open position on the board. Joy Fletcher made a motion to accept Steve Best to fill this position. Vickie Glenn, with Superior Battery seconded the motion.
- There were two insurance bids submitted on October 17, 2019 to cover Workers’ Comp and Liability for the Chamber of Commerce. The bid was awarded to Lindsey W. Gosser State Farm Insurance for $808.51.
- The Leadership Program will resume in the Fall of 2020 under the leadership of the Chamber of Commerce.
- The proposed Budget for 2020 was reviewed. There was some questions regarding the Tourism Lease Fee and Chamber SPOTLIGHT line. Daryl Hammond, Chair of the Financial Affairs Committee, will be contacted and the proposed budget for 2020 will be revisited at the December 2019 meeting.
- New Committee members will be introduced at the January 2020 meeting.
- After a brief discussion, it was noted that the Chamber will subscribe to an app to help people who are relocating or who have general questions regarding Russell County and/or the Chamber along with the Chamber’s website. Lisa Gosser mentioned that she would like to review the Chamber’s website to make sure that it’s current and updated.
- Barbara Sharpe announced that a Fall date for the ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY was held on November 1st with 37 bags of trash collected by four inmates with the Russell County Detention Center. They worked for four hours.
- Lisa Gosser made a motion to adjourn the business/board meeting. Eric West seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned.
- Vice-President Nick Shearer welcomed everyone to the November meeting of the RUSSELL COUNTY CHAMBER of COMMERCE. He recognized ServPro as being the sponsor for this month’s meeting and for providing the lunch at no cost to Chamber members and attendees. Lunch was catered by The Little Chop Shop. He also thanked the City of Russell Springs for hosting the Chamber meeting at the Hollis DeHart Community Center.
- Alan Coffey, with SKRECC opened the general meeting and lunch with prayer.
- Nick gave a recap of the Board meeting. See notes from above.
- Steve Klipp, a recent Chamber member, spoke to the members about receiving insurance through Anthem at a discounted rate (up to a 25% discount) for being a Chamber member. This offer has just recently been offered (October 1, 2019) from the state of Kentucky Chamber of Commerce for small business owners.
- Kirstin Goff, marketing manager for ServPro spoke about the services offered through ServPro: fire damage, water damage, mold remediation, duct cleaning, BIO hazard, just to name a few. They have two corporate offices in Kentucky and cover eight counties. It was also noted that they also do ‘clean-ups’ prior to an opening date (i.e. Russell County Public Library). They are available 24/7 and 365 days a year.
- The next meeting for the Russell County Chamber of Commerce is scheduled for December 16th at the Russell County Public Library, as well as a GRAND OPENING for the new library.
- Gina Hill, with the Bank of Jamestown, was recognized as being a first time attendee with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Rhonda Redmon, mentioned Christmas on the Square scheduled for Friday, December 6th from 4:00-8:00. The Chamber, along with local businesses, have been invited to decorate a Christmas ornament to be added to the Community Christmas tree. Ornaments are for sale at the Chamber for $1.00 each. Each business is asked to decorate with the name of their business along with the address and/or phone number. Deadline to return ornaments is Wednesday, November 27th at the Chamber or December 3rd at Decorating Days from 9:00-4:00 cst.
- Nick also mentioned the upcoming Christmas Parade to be held on Main Street in Russell Springs on November 30th…starting at 6:00 am (breakfast at the Masonic Lodge) with a full day of activities planned.
- Eric West, with DUO Broadband also mentioned the upcoming TOYS 4 TOTS radio auction-November 27-28 to be broadcasted on WJRS and DUO Broadband Community Channel 2. The FOOD FOR THE NEEDY boxes are also taking donations in local grocery stores.
- Randy Newberry, with ServPro, gave away a mousepad to Sam Tarter.
NEXT MEETING-Tuesday, December 17th at the Russell County Public Library.Posted by Lisa Foley Posted on 20 Nov