May 20, 2019 11:30 cst Board Meeting/ 12:00 cst General Meeting
THE ROCK, 226 Jamestown Street
Lindsey W. Gosser, President x Nick Shearer, Vice-president x Patti Lamb,
Rhonda Redmon, ED Rick Miles x Stephen Branscum Don Byrom Kim Byrom x Alan Coffey Don Cooper Stephen Eastin Joy Fletcher x Michael Ford x Bennie Garland Vickie Glenn Lisa Gosser x Daryl Hammond Ronald Hopper Torsten Languuth Linda McFarland Gary Robertson Eddie Thomas x Barbara Sharpe Adam Stille Anita Tucker x Eric West Randy Baird
Board Members Present – Noted with an X
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER
The Russell County Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting was held Monda, May 20, 2019 at THE ROCK located at 226 Jamestown Street in Russell Springs. There were 91 in attendance including Chamber members, high school seniors and their guests. President, Lindsey W. Gosser, with State Farm Insurance Agency of Russell Springs, welcomed everyone and thanked each one for coming and showing support of the Chamber of Commerce. She also recognized Russell Springs United Methodist Church for allowing the Chamber to use THE ROCK, First National Bank for sponsoring this month’s meeting and THE LITTLE CHOP SHOP for catering the meal.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
Minutes from the March meeting were reviewed by Chamber President Lindsey W.Gosser. A motion was made to accept the minutes from March by Michael A. Ford, superintendent of the Russell County School System and seconded by Dr. Rick Miles.
President Lindsey Gosser reviewed the financial reports from March and April 2019. Financials were accepted with no discussion.
- The $5,000.00 annual donation to the RUSSELL COUNTY INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY was discussed. Since it is a budgeted item, no formal motion was needed.
- Shirley Daulton, Lake Cumberland Health Department, presented and handed out assessments.
- The annual Banquet had 155 in attendance with 152 tickets collected and $5,310.00 collected. $5,000.00 was budgeted.
- Letters of support for Lake Cumberland Marina are not needed at this time.
- The Adopt-A-Highway project was discussed. Some suggestions were made as to how the project could be more successful. It was suggested to have the community clean-up day during the work day: 9:00-11:00 or 2:00-4:00
- President Lindsey Gosser reminded everyone of the upcoming ribbon cuttings for FABULOUSLY FRIED on Tuesday, May 21 @ 10:00 and iGo MOTOR SALES on Thursday, May 30 @ 11:00.
- President Lindsey Gosser presented Kevin Williams a check for $250.00 for KEVIN’S KIDS Benefit concert that he performed in Russell County on April 27, 2019. Over $73,000.00 was raised.
- A reminder of the Chamber SPOTLIGHT was mentioned and the businesses that have participated was recognized: ACTIVE DAY (April 1-5), THE JOB SHOP (April 8-12), 3TREES (April 15-26), HOSPICE OF LC (April 29-May 3) and SELBY ASPHALT (May 6-10)
- Lisa Gosser made a motion to adjourn the board meeting, Anita Tucker seconded the motion.
- President Lindsey W. Gosser welcomed everyone to the March meeting of the RUSSELL COUNTY CHAMBER of COMMERCE. She thanked Russell Springs United Methodist Church for the use of THE ROCK. She also thanked First National Bank for sponsoring the May meeting and THE LITTLE CHOP SHOP for catering the lunch.
- Jeric DeVore was the guest speaker and gave an encouraging speech.
- 21 local high school seniors were presented the WORK ETHICS SEAL CERTIFICATE by Robin Rixon, Career Counselor at Russell County High School and Sarah Roy, principal at Lake Cumberland Area Technology Center.
NEXT MEETING-The next Chamber meeting will be held on Tuesday, June18 @ the SKRECC meeting room.Posted by Lisa Foley Posted on 21 May