July 16, 2019 11:30 cst Board Meeting/ 12:00 cst General Meeting
SCC-Russell Center Campus, 848 W. Steve Wariner Drive Russell Springs, KY 42642
Lindsey W. Gosser, President x Nick Shearer, Vice-president x Patti Lamb,
Rhonda Redmon, ED x Rick Miles x Stephen Branscum x Don Byrom Kim Byrom Alan Coffey x Don Cooper x Stephen Eastin x Joy Fletcher x Michael Ford x Bennie Garland Vickie Glenn x Lisa Gosser x Daryl Hammond x Ronald Hopper x Torsten Languuth x Linda McFarland Gary Robertson x Eddie Thomas x Barbara Sharpe x Adam Stille x Anita Tucker x Eric West x Randy Baird x
Board Members Present – Noted with an X
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER
The Russell County Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting was held Tuesday, July 16th at the SCC-Russell Center Campus, 848 W. Steve Wariner Drive, Russell Springs, KY. There were approximately 75-80 in attendance. President, Lindsey W. Gosser, with State Farm Insurance Agency of Russell Springs, welcomed everyone and thanked each one for coming and showing support of the Chamber of Commerce. She also recognized the FIRST NATIONAL BANK as being the sponsor for this month’s Chamber meeting, SCC-Russell Center Campus for hosting and Sherry Daniels and Lisa Tarter for the delicious meal.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
Minutes from the June meeting were reviewed by Chamber President Lindsey W.Gosser. A motion was made to accept the minutes from June by Michael A. Ford, Superintendent of the Russell County School System and seconded by Joy Fletcher and Barbara Sharpe.
In the absence of Treasurer, Patti Lamb, Barbara Sharpe, Bank of Jamestown and BPW, reviewed the financial reports from June 2019. Financials were accepted with no discussion.
- Current Membership was reported at 159 with two ribbon cuttings scheduled for August: Lake Cumberland Properties, August 2nd @ 11:00 and Associates in Eye Care, August 3rd @ 10:00
- The Chamber SPOTLIGHT advertising campaign is going well this year with two more businesses scheduled. State Farm for July and Monticello Banking Company in August.
- Judge Gary Robertson is requesting two or three volunteers from the Chamber to sit on a Census Committee. Completing the Census is vital for grants and funding for Russell County.
- Thursday, September 5 has been set for the 20th Annual Golf Scramble to be held at Lakewoods Country Club. A rain date was set for Thursday, September 12.
- Lindsey went over the prospective list of members for 2019 and requested help from the Chamber members in contacting the businesses named.
- President Lindsey W. Gosser welcomed everyone to the July meeting of the RUSSELL COUNTY CHAMBER of COMMERCE. She recognized FIRST NATIONAL BANK as being the sponsor for this month’s meeting and for providing the lunch at no cost to Chamber members and attendees. Lunch was catered by Sherry Daniels and Lisa Tarter. She also thanked SCC for hosting the Chamber meeting at their facilities. She asked those in attendance how many were RSES alumni? And how many were SCC alumni?
- R. Thompson, director of the SCC-Russell Center Campus opened the general meeting and lunch with prayer.
- Lindsey gave a recap of the Board meeting. See notes from above.
- Lindsey introduced Charlene Harris, President of FIRST NATIONAL BANK and Chairman of the Board of Directors for SCC. She introduced Dr. Carey Castle, President and CEO of Somerset Community College (SCC).
- Castle spoke on ‘SUCCESS’ and what it takes to be successful. SCC has two campuses in Kentucky: Laurel County and Pulaski County with four centers: Casey, McQueary, Russell and Clinton Counties. He also stated that it’s a proven fact that “Higher education=Higher salary and better benefits” and SCC wants to be a part of obtaining that goal for local students. Dr. Castle addressed issues that hold students back from succeeding: TUITION, FEES and PROBLEMS and how SCC is committed to finding a solution to see their students succeed. SCC’s largest investment are the people and students. Dr Castle’s contact information is: (606) 451-6602 or email@example.com
- President, Lindsey Gosser, recognized those that were attending for the first time: Randy Newberry, sales representative with ServPro and Kristin Whitson, with The Job Shop.
- Lindsey concluded the meeting by thanking FIRST NATIONAL BANK, SCC and Sherry Daniels and Lisa Tarter for a wonderful meeting.
NEXT MEETING-The next Chamber meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 20 @ the Community Center on Main Street in Russell Springs, KYPosted by Lisa Foley Posted on 17 Jul