February 18, 2020 11:30 cst Board Meeting/ 12:00 cst General Meeting
The Russell County Public Library, 535 N. Main St., Jamestown, KY 42629
Nick Shearer, President x Stephen Hill Vice-president x Patti Lamb,
x Rhonda Redmon, ED x Steve Best x Stephen Branscum x Don Byrom x Kim Byrom x Alan Coffey x Terry Ray Cochran x Stephen Eastin Joy Fletcher Steven Fletcher x Michael A. Ford x Bennie Garland x Vickie Glenn x Lindsey Gosser x Lisa Gosser x Christy Martin x Rick Miles x Linda McFarland Gary D. Robertson x Barbara Sharpe x Adam Stille x Eddie Thomas x Anita Tucker x Eric West Lindsey Westerfield x
Board Members Present – Noted with an X
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER
The Russell County Chamber of Commerce’s monthly meeting was held Tuesday, February 18th at the Russell County Public Library in Jamestown, KY. There were approximately 50 in attendance. President, Nick Shearer, welcomed everyone and thanked each one for coming and showing support of the Chamber of Commerce. He also recognized the Russell County Public Library for the facility, The Bank of Jamestown for sponsoring the meal for today’s meeting, Mr. Mike Harmon (State Auditor) for speaking at today’s meeting along with Mr. Kevin Williams (Kevin’s KIDS) and Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant & Grill for the delicious lunch.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
Minutes from the January meeting were approved with a motion made by Vickie Glenn, Superior Battery and seconded by Alan Coffey, SKRECC.
Treasurer, Patti Lamb, Bank of Jamestown, reviewed the financial reports from January 2020. A motion to accept the financial report was made by Michael A. Ford, Superintendent of Russell County Schools and seconded by Alan Coffey, SKRECC.
- The membership BLITZ campaign kicked off on Monday, February 17, The captains are Eric West, Barbara Sharpe and Kim Kelsey. The captain with the most businesses/points will receive $300.00 at the annual banquet. This year it will be ‘winner take all’ instead of splitting the prize money.
- Nick Shearer asked the board members what their thoughts were regarding donating to KEVIN’S KIDS. Lindsey W. Gosser, State Farm Insurance Agent, made a motion to donate $250.00 to KEVIN’S KIDS. Miles seconded the motion
- Rhonda Redmon, addressed the board members about upgrading the current MAILCHIMP email account. She stated that the Chamber is currently operating on a FREE plan which limits the number of contacts/groups and templates for emails. There was some discussion, but it was agreed to table a motion until more information could be gathered by discussing it with Eric West, with DUO Broadband.
- Rhonda Redmon stated that she had contacted Michael Sliter, owner of the Chamber website, about Apppress. He advised that the app could cost between $249-$599 a year. He also thought it would take between 10-12 hours to install at $65 an hour. Lindsey W. Gosser, asked if the website is up-to-date and if the board was satisfied with its content and purpose. Adam Stille, with Edward Jones, stated that the present website is eight years old. He reminded the board that the website was originally purchased with a grant and thought maybe another grant could be used to update with the app. Patti Lamb, treasurer, reminded the board that an additional $750.00 has been allotted in the budget. Kim Byrom, Lake Cumberland Properties, suggested that a committee be formed to research and bring information back to the board in March. A committee consisting of: Eric West, Bennie Garland, Lindsey Westerfield, Lindsey W. Gosser, Alan Coffey and Stephen Hill was formed.
- President Nick Shearer, announced that the TOURNAMENT & SPECIAL EVENTS ACCOUNT currently has $30,250.00. The State Dock’s check for $30,000.00 was received 2.13.2020 and deposited the same day. Anita Tucker, with Monticello Banking, gave a check to be deposited into this account.
- The Leadership program will begin in August 2020. Lisa Gosser made a motion for Rhonda Redmon to participate sponsored by the Russell County Chamber of Commerce. Lindsey Westerfield seconded the motion.
- Don Byrom announced that there would be a BANQUET COMMITTEE meeting immediately following the Chamber meeting today. He also gave the date for the annual banquet as Thursday, April 23rd at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park.
- Lisa Gosser made a motion to adjourn. Kim Byrom seconded the motion.
- Meeting adjourned.
- President Nick Shearer welcomed everyone to the February meeting of the RUSSELL COUNTY CHAMBER of COMMERCE. He recognized The Bank of Jamestown as being the sponsor for this month’s meeting and for providing the lunch at no cost to Chamber members and attendees. Lunch was catered by Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant & Grill. He also thanked the Russell County Public Library for hosting the February Chamber meeting.
- Kevin Williams (KEVIN’S KIDS) spoke to the group about his upcoming annual benefit concert for the children of RUSSELL COUNTY. Every dime goes to our local Family Resource Center to be used for the needs of local children. All donations are tax deductible. This will be the 7th year for this benefit concert and it will be held on Saturday, March 28th, 2020 at First Baptist Church in Russell Springs. Checks can be made to: KEVIN’S KIDS or First Baptist Church. He has set a goal of $75,000.00.
- Bobby Dunbar, RC jailer, opened with prayer.
- President Nick Shearer gave a recap of the Board meeting. See notes from above.
- President Nick Shearer introduced Mr. Mike Harmon, State Auditor.
- Mike Harmon discussed the importance of being non-partisan and recognized that small counties/communities are struggling because of cut backs. If anyone has questions or concerns, he can be reached at www.auditor.ky.gov
- Leroy Gosser, owner of JATS screen printing and embroidery, was recognized as attending the Chamber meeting for the first time. His business will be locating in the Middletown community sometime in March 2020.
- President Nick Shearer announced that the next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th at the Russell County Public Library and will be sponsored by T.J. SAMSON. He reminded everyone to sign in before leaving. He announced that there would be a BANQUET COMMITTEE meeting following the Chamber meeting and that the date for the annual banquet has been set for Thursday, April 23rd at the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park.
NEXT MEETING-Tuesday, March 17, 2020- The Russell County Public Library.Posted by Lisa Foley Posted on 18 Feb