August 20, 2019 11:30 cst Board Meeting/ 12:00 cst General Meeting
Community Center, 628 Main Street Russell Springs, KY 42642
Lindsey W. Gosser, President x Nick Shearer, Vice-president x Patti Lamb,
x Rhonda Redmon, ED x Rick Miles Stephen Branscum x Don Byrom x Kim Byrom x Alan Coffey x Don Cooper Stephen Eastin Joy Fletcher Michael Ford x Bennie Garland x Vickie Glenn x Lisa Gosser x Daryl Hammond Ronald Hopper Torsten Languuth Linda McFarland Gary Robertson x Eddie Thomas x Barbara Sharpe x Adam Stille Anita Tucker x Eric West x Randy Baird
Board Members Present – Noted with an X
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER
The Russell County Chamber of Commerce monthly meeting was held Tuesday, August 20th at the Community Center, 628 Main Street, Russell Springs, KY. There were approximately 45 in attendance. President, Lindsey W. Gosser, with State Farm Insurance Agency of Russell Springs, welcomed everyone and thanked each one for coming and showing support of the Chamber of Commerce. She also recognized the MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY as being the sponsor for this month’s Chamber meeting, the City of Russell Springs for the Community Center and PLAIN & SIMPLE catering for the delicious lunch.
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
Minutes from the July meeting were reviewed by Chamber President Lindsey W.Gosser. A motion was made to accept the minutes from July by Michael A. Ford, Superintendent of the Russell County School System and seconded by Eric West, DUO Broadband Marketing representative.
Treasurer, Patti Lamb, Bank of Jamestown, reviewed the financial reports from July 2019. Financials were accepted with no discussion.
- Current Membership was reported at 166 with nine ribbon cuttings to date. There is one ribbon cutting scheduled for Tuesday, August 27th @ 10:00 am,cst for Kentucky Farm Bureau.
- The Chamber SPOTLIGHT advertising campaign is going well this year. Lindsey W. Gosser State Farm is scheduled for September.
- Thursday, September 5 has been set for the 20th Annual Golf Scramble to be held at Lakewoods Country Club. A rain date was set for Thursday, September 12. Eric West suggested that another GOLF COMMITTEE MEETING be scheduled for next week to finalize plans.
- There is NO sponsor for the October Chamber meeting. President Lindsey W. Gosser asked for volunteers.
- A date has been set for the Adopt-A-Highway Fall Project. Thursday, August 29th at the convenience of the volunteers. The Chamber’s two-mile stretch runs from the intersection of Hwy. 80 & 127 to Lakeway Drive on Hwy. 127.
- Superior Battery is hosting a JOB FAIR on Wednesday, August 21st from 8:30-10:30 at the Main Plant located at 2515 Hwy. 910 Russell Springs.
- Hank Weldon, with Bassmaster, has contacted the Chamber to see if Russell County would be interested in hosting a Bassmaster tournament for high school and college teams in May 2020. The board agreed to form a committee to investigate interest in this event. The following were chosen to serve on this committee: Nick Shearer, Lindsey W. Gosser, Eddie Thomas, Eric West, Kim Byrom, Michael A. Ford, Shannon Stephens, Zach Wilson and a representative from the RC Jaycees (Brad Russell or Dustin Adkins).
- The Board meeting was adjourned by President, Lindsey W. Gosser.
- President Lindsey W. Gosser welcomed everyone to the August meeting of the RUSSELL COUNTY CHAMBER of COMMERCE. She recognized MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY as being the sponsor for this month’s meeting and for providing the lunch at no cost to Chamber members and attendees. Lunch was catered by PLAIN & SIMPLE, Barb Coffey. She also thanked the City of Russell Springs for hosting the Chamber meeting at the Community Center.
- Anita Tucker, Regional Executive Office with MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY, opened the general meeting and lunch with prayer.
- Lindsey gave a recap of the Board meeting. See notes from above.
- Lindsey introduced Anita Tucker, Regional Executive Director of MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY. Tucker spoke about the success of MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY and the various services that they offer. She also mentioned that MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY had recently been named the 2nd BEST bank in Kentucky by FORBES magazine and that they are a well established bank of over 100 years, 17 in Russell County. The Russell County branch has ten full time employees. The beautiful centerpieces were given away as door prizes to those that signed in.
- Tawanda Owsley, representative with the American Red Cross was introduced. She discussed the areas that the American Red Cross assists in: disasters (fire, floods, earthquakes), the Military, Blood Donation (over 40% of donated blood comes from the American Red Cross-the banks are low and she encouraged everyone to donate), Financial Accountability (.91 of every dollar is used to help) and Pillowcase Projects for elementary students. Charles Thompson, SCC-Russell Campus-shared a personal testimony from the American Red Cross.
- President, Lindsey Gosser, recognized those that were attending for the first time: Mandy Vanhook, with KU and Tammy Sexton, the new General Manager with WJRS and Jack FM.
- Besides the upcoming ribbon cutting for KENTUCKY FARM BUREAU (August 27), Scott Thompson, RCH, mentioned the health screenings that are taking place this week (August 19-23) with the Health Fair on September 14.
- Lisa Gosser thanked everyone for their support of the 15U Babe Ruth that traveled to Bismarck, North Dakota to compete in the Babe Ruth World Series.
- Roger Collier, American Red Cross, mentioned that volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
- Lindsey concluded the meeting by thanking MONTICELLO BANKING COMPANY, THE CITY OF RUSSELL SPRINGS and PLAIN & SIMPLE for another wonderful meeting. She also reminded everyone that there will be NO September meeting due to the 20th Annual Golf Scramble.
NEXT MEETING-NO September meeting due to the 20th Annual Golf Scramble.Posted by Lisa Foley Posted on 10 Sep